Thursday, February 5, 2009

Save the advice for someone who needs it

I will start by saying I am far from perfect. Just about every week I air out my imperfections right here. With that said, I am no fan of unsolicited advice. Please do not tell me what to do if I have not asked your opinion.

I've recently become re acquainted with an ex. He is married, baby on the way. You guys are aware that I,too, have a significant other. While I love that we can be friends, there is something that boils my blood about his lil pep talks.

I feel as though it will come to the point where I ask "does your wife take kindly to these lectures?"

If I respond "spaghetti" to the question "what's for dinner?" He suggests I add a little sausage. He has a helpful damn hint for everything,"hand wash the dishes don't use the dishwasher that's lazy". Oh it is? I will be sure and let your wife know you'd prefer that the dishes are hand washed at your house. We use the dishwasher at mine.

Am I over reacting? The way I see it...I run this, it is MY home. He is in no way involved in our daily activities so why should he have an unsolicited say so?

2 comments:

RunningMom said...

LOL, there's a few options here...

He could be:
A. A control freak
B. A busy body or
C. Really thinks he is being helpful or
D. Just doesn't know any dang better!

So do you tell him off/where to go/to mind his business or just look at him/the phone sideways?

DorchestersDaughter said...

I usually push back. Especially with the dishwasher thing. I cannot stand somebody calling me lazy. But then he says I'm hard headed, lol