Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Waiting on the World to Change


I do try to leave the political stuff alone. Although it is my blog, it is not necessary for me to bombard my readers with my political beliefs. Every so often I do feel the urge to speak up, mostly when the topic is ri-damn-diculous.

Contrary to popular belief, this was not ‘Hezbollah style fist-jabbing'! The first time I read that I could not help but quote my brother and yelp "What the craze?" (in plain English... what the #@*&%)! Isn't this what Torres and Williams did every Thursday evening on New York Undercover?

Were people honestly questioning this gesture? It's D-A-P... equivalent to a hand shake, a "go get 'um Tiger". I am quite sure MTV and BET have aired enough rap videos for the masses to have seen dap before. I mean COME ON PEOPLE!

The miseducation of America is severely deep-rooted. It has come to the point where we are dissecting an intimate moment between husband and wife. John Mayer isn't the only one waiting on the world to change.

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

It's because the US is so caught up in the hype of over publicizing everything. Nothign can just... "Be"... anymore.

Everything is turned into something when it is nothing at all.