Friday, July 25, 2008

A Mean Shoe Game

I know my ladies can relate. Nothing makes you feel sexier than a pair of heels. In fact, for the right man...some ladies will show up to the bedroom wearing nothing more.

I read that "Our intimate relationship with shoes begins shortly after we learn to walk. As soon as we want to feel 'grown-up,' we slip on a pair of our mother's shoes, preferably high heels, instantly heightening our sense of what it means to be female. And then what happens? We grow up and get to be the same size as Mummy and our personality begins to assert itself with the first independent purchase of shoes. As adults, we ask shoes to be our representatives. At any given moment, they are indicators of our age, mood and desires."

Doesn't that say it all?

For months now I have been searching for the perfect pair of heels to compliment this dress. I have no real idea what I am looking for. Maybe pewter, maybe bronze....and animal print would also be cute. But, overall, what I am looking for is that pair of shoes that makes makes me exhale when I put it on for the first time.

I thought that I found it in Aldo. I was drawn to the shoe immediately. I actually visited with it several times before I buckled down and tried it on. When I finally did I fell in love! And with it being on clearance I had to buy it. I had to! It was $24, tell me you wouldn't have!

Gorgeous isn't it?

The problem is the heel is five inches. FIVE! I am 5'7" so do the math. I have no business being 6" tall. For starters, I can see eye to eye with KB who is 6'4". If that isn't bad enough, it also inadvertently gives me a hooker stroll (you know that fast paced stride where you are leaning forward as if gravity will not allow you to stand up straight?).

Sadly, the shoe must go back and I have no prospects for a replacement. My trip to Miami is now 4 weeks away, I am starting to hyperventilate as I type. The shoe game is essential to preserving my sexy. Where am I going to find this perfect pair of heels?

Whoa is me....

***I never did return the shoe. Instead, I went home everyday after work and practiced walking in them. I did end up wearing them to the wedding and the ensemble was FAB!!

1 comment:

Ms. S said...

The dress is hott! The shoe... I thought it was cute until you mentioned the 5 inch heel.

Maybe when you take me shopping you'll find something!