Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Countdown

Traditionally, at 11:59:54 we begin a countdown that ushers us into a new year in unison. Whether you are in a club, at home with friends, or in the center of town waiting on that ball to drop, those last five seconds are the same for eveyone.

In a matter of seconds you can leave behind the tears, frustrations, and angst of the year's past while welcoming the hope of another year's future bit. I get the warm and fuzzies just thinking about it! In honor of the countdown I have compiled a list of the five things I will not miss about 08.

Out with the old....

5. Money Woes
The struggling economy with a less than modest paycheck were not haut in 08. Let me tell you! I will gladly say my goodbyes to the credit card debit (to be paid off by June-Woot!), high gas prices, and all things low budget.

4. TPain and the overindulgence in autotune
Now Ms. S politely reminded me that T Pain isn't exactly going anywhere. But I can say goodbye to his contribution to the demise of music as a whole. You can't even hip hop that is dead anymore. He has shown up in places where good musicians are and ruined them entirely...It's like a cancerous infection that has spread through all genres. Nothing is safe or sacred!

3. Politics; Republican style
I don't even want to go into detail. The names alone should cover it; George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, and John McCain. I would include Joe The Plumber but he isn't a registered voter, he has no say so.

2. Being unhappy at work.
I have struggled. Struggled... to stay put. But 09 is mine and this job is not. I paid my dues and the dues of people who left business unfinished. I got to go people!

1. Drama
If it wasn't a relationship problem, it was a family problem, or a friend's problems. Foreclosures, incarcerations, health issues, job loss. My loved ones have been through it and back this year. It was hard to find happiness.


And I can woosah, now that is it all less than 10 hours away from offically being "in the past".


Happy NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Especially #2. It's time to make that move. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Especially #2. It's time to make that move. You can do it!