Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday Fuck You-2008

I am tired of the 08 blues and I know it is not just me. My friends and family have shed tears about everything from the economic downturn to relationship problems. From family dysfunction to outright rage. The new, in recent days, is flooded with turmoil; downsizing, natural disasters, and even a man who detested is ex in-laws so much that he blew up their holiday party. The blues ain't no joke.

So why not kick our sorrows to the curb? There's no time like 09 to leave it all behind. Cheers to a new year, a new President, and most importantly a new you!

As I write words of encouragement, proclaiming 2009 as a year that invokes hope in us all, I hear the melody of Sam Cooke;

"There've been times that I've thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long time coming
But I know a change is gonna come"

Fuck you 2008. I'm focused on my future right now and I wouldn't look back if you tapped me on my shoulder!

This year let's not resolve to lose weight, to pick up a hobby, or to quit smoking or drinking. While they are all great efforts, this new year needs to be about more. We need revolutionary change! Change that will make certain the frowns and tears of 2008 do not recur. Let's pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and carry on. Going forth the big picture is a better you.

No comments: